Istanbul New Airport
Posted by isturkeysafe
Sunday, November 18, 2018
Last Update : Monday, April 8, 2019
Besides of being the major airport of Istanbul when all phases are completed, it will be one of the world's largest airports when full operation begins. It will host over 200 million passengers annually when all phases are completed, over 3000 flights are planned to be done daily. You can find some information about Istanbul New Airport below.
- What is the International Air Transport Association (IATA) code for the Istanbul new airport? The IATA code for Istanbul new airport is IST.
- When will international flights start from the Istanbul New Airport? Istanbul New Airport started operations on 7 April 2019, most of the passenger flights from/to Istanbul are being carried out from the Istanbul New Airport currently.
- When you search on Google for Istanbul new airport, you may also see the IGA abbreviation or IGA Istanbul Airport notation. So, what is IGA? IGA is abbreviation for Istanbul Grand Airport; which is the name of the company established on 7 October 2013 in order to build Istanbul New Airport and operate it for 25 years. For detailed information about IGA, click here for IGA official website.
- How can you reach the Istanbul airport website? You can reach the official website of Istanbul Airport from the link below. istanbulhavalimani.com
- Where is the new ISL Istanbul Airport? The Istanbul new Airport is located at the north of Istanbul European side (most of the touristic places are located at European side), near the Black Sea coast. It is very far from Istanbul city center, the shortest route to center is about 40km. You can see the exact google maps location of the Istanbul New Airport from the map below.
- When will Istanbul New Airport open? As mentioned above, the Istanbul New Airport has already been opened. The first commercial flights started on October 29, 2018.
- How can you reach Istanbul airport by public transport? Public transportation to new ISL Istanbul Airport is provided by IETT buses and HAVAIST buses. Both companies are managed by IMM (Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality). You can find details and timetables on our article, ISL Istanbul Airport by bus.
- What if you want to use taxi to ISL Istanbul Airport? Remember that the ISL Istanbul new Airport is very far from the city. Therefore, wherever you take a taxi within the city, you will pay a large fee in Turkish Liras. You can find details on our article, Istanbul Airport by taxi
|Hotel||Distance to ISL||TA Rating||Google Rating|
|Park Inn by Radisson, Istanbul Odayeri||20km (15min) Click for Maps||4,5 / 5||4,5 / 5|
|Durusu Club Hotel||10km (10min) Click for Maps||4 / 5||3,8 / 5|
|Hampton by Hilton Istanbul Kayasehir||30km (30min) Click for Maps||4,5 / 5||4 / 5|
|Kemer Country Hotel Istanbul||30km (30min) Click for Maps||4 / 5||4,5 / 5|
- Avis (Click for website) Note that the Avis office at Istanbul New Airport is open between 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Avis Istanbul New Airport Office Phone Number : 0090 549 827 11 10
- Budget (Click for website)